1. Health is wealth. It’s easy to take your health for granted in your youth. Things are easy and inexpensive because you have youth on your side. Imagine paying for things because you’ve mistreated yourself and your body.
2. Self care is more than self preservation. Self care is not only about caring for your body and mind, it’s also about nurturing yourself and your soul. Evaluating the company you keep and the things you do. Believe it or not, these are all things our bodies ingest.
3. Seek respect not attention. There’s a huge difference between the two, don’t blur the lines.
4. Karma is real, you’ll get exactly what is coming to you. (Remember Galatians 6:7) For whatever a person is sowing, this he will also reap. Meaning, there are consequences for our actions.
5. Kill them with kindness. As a young girl I hadn’t the patience for this. I learned later on to put this to use. It really is the absolute best defense.
6. Reading psychology books really gives you a great upper hand at understanding people and their behavior. Everyone should read at least three different ones. Understanding the how’s and why’s plays a significant part in understanding and getting to know yourself as well as others and how you interact.
7. Getting older isn’t that bad. I’ve enjoyed my life even more so now that I’m older than I ever did when I was younger. Sure, my joints creak a little and I may grunt after a long hike but, I don’t think I’ve ever felt so happy.
8. The key to peace and joy is gratitude. Often times I thought peace and joy would come with job stability, steady income, love etc… The truth is yes, I’ve worked hard at all of the above but being grateful for everyday, and all of the above, and being grateful for waking for another day to put the day before to shame, that’s what’s brought me peace and joy. In an instant things can change, and if I’m not 6 feet under yet, I’m grateful to be here. When my day comes, I’m so happy I got a chance to be here and experience love, loss, pain, children, hard work, laughter; I’m happy I got to experience life.
9. You’ve got to leave your comfort zone. If you want to move forward in anything, you have to step outside of your comfort zone. Life isn’t lived in a bubble.
10. Make it a point to visit a good massage therapist monthly. Life is better when you’re aligned on the inside and loving yourself. Always remember the words of Eleanor Brownn~Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.
11. There’s always some truth behind every “Just kidding.” There’s always some knowledge behind every “I don’t know.” There’s always some emotion behind every “I don’t care.” There’s always some pain behind every “I’m okay.” Be aware, be cautious, be kind, but don’t be a door mat either.
12. Never say never. Life moves pretty fast there are unexpected twists and turns.
13. Don’t judge, often times we’re quick to jump the gun. Not a single one of us is perfect. We all make mistakes. Understanding and listening are key. You learn something new everyday. Try looking at things from a different window, gain a new perspective.
14. Riches don’t matter as much as fulfillment. All the money in the world couldn’t buy you the happiness you’re in search of without gratitude, sacrifice, old fashioned hard work & faith. Every thing we love takes the above ingredients.
15. Paulo Coelho’s introduction of The Alchemist is a Must Read! It changed my life.
16. Listen more than you talk.
17. Indulge in something really special every once in a while and share in it with someone. You don’t want to spend your whole life working without ever knowing what it is to live.
18. Stretch everyday & every night for at least 10 minutes. You’ll thank yourself for sticking to this later.
19. Giving is so much better than receiving. When I was young and (heartless) inexperienced I had no idea what this meant. I learned from watching my parents and grandparents. I’ve taught my oldest well. She is the salt of the earth. There is no greater gift.
20. Time alone with your partner IS imperative. Keep your bonds close, strong and well nurtured.
21. Have a hobby. Life revolves around work and kids, everyone needs something to do to decompress.
22. Appreciate nature, it’s grander, beauty & strength. Go hiking, go for a walk, breathe, just breathe. Take it all in.
23. Laughter really is the best medicine.
24. Mean what you say & say what you mean. Life’s too short to leave important words unsaid and far too short to waste time with long tongued liars.
25. Donate what you don’t need.
26. Don’t apologize if you don’t mean it. If you are sorry, prove it. Don’t let meaningless words fall out of your mouth.
27. Don’t lose yourself to someone else.
28. When you fall, dust yourself off and get up again. You won’t get anywhere laying in the dirt.
29. Quality over quantity always. Especially with family.
30. Make your place or space a home. Even when it’s temporary, you should feel at home after a long day. This will help you relax.
31. Discipline. There’s a huge difference between being mean and discipline.
34. Give praise & credit where it’s due.
35. Take a real vacation. The world only seems small when you don’t get out enough to explore it.
36. Trust your gut. That tiny voice that says don’t take that route today….is right.
Latest posts by Monica Pacheco (see all)
- You Fight Like A Girl - March 29, 2017
- 25 Random Things That Parenthood, Age & Experience Have Taught Me - March 21, 2017
- If the world was blind, how many people would you impress? - March 13, 2017